Monday, March 25, 2013

Alex's Aphorisms


"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-Theodore Roosevelt
I believe the meaning of this quote is that you can vote but you must support and believe in its principles for it to be meaningful. This relates to me because I think people should support what they say and do.

 “You only ever grow as a human being if you’re outside your comfort zone.” -Percy Cerutty
I believe the meaning of this quote is that you have to try harder at something to become better at it. This relates to me because when I first started to run at cross country meets I got last for Deposit, but now I am the first runner for Deposit this shows that trying harder you can achieve more.

"It's not what you achieve, it's what you overcome. That's what defines your career."
-Carlton Fisk
I believe the meaning of this quote is that overcoming something is more rewarding then just achieving it. This relates to me because I am able to overcome Cystic Fibrosis, which is more rewarding then achieving good grades.

 
-Alex
 

No comments:

Post a Comment